Education and practical experience:
- University of Basle, lic.jur. 1980, Dr.jur. 1983 ("Copyright Issues Concerning Retransmission of Broadcast Programs").
- Admitted to the bar 1985.
- Notary exam, Canton of Solothurn, 1985.
- Foreign associate with the law firm Paul, Hastings, Janofsky & Walker, Washington DC, New York, Los Angeles, 1988-89.
- Attorney-at-law in Zurich for several years.
- Swiss Bar Association, Zurich Bar Association, International Bar Association, AIPPI, LES Licensing Executives Society, Associazione Internazionale Giuristi di Lingua Italiana, Swiss Arbitration Association, International Business Network, ASDA/SVLR Association Suisse de Droit Aérien et Spatial.
- German, English, Italian, French, Spanish.
Preferred areas of practice:
- Corporate law, contracts, intellectual property law, arbitration, aviation law, communications law.